Re: Peculiar results from a simple looking query.

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 22:21:15 -0500

"Pedro Lopes" <pedro.lopes_at_netvisao.pt> wrote in message news:newscache$xoyfci$yyb$1_at_newsfront4.netvisao.pt...
> Hi,
> Why don't you stop hunting bugs and
> focus on the resolution of the business problems
> the simplest way possible ?
>
> Every piece of software have bugs. Live with it !
> And if this is really a problem for you (if it's stopping
> you from doing your work) open a TAR on metalink.
>

> :)
>
> pedro

nice addition, pedro!

yes, the OP should open a TAR. but I for one appreciate knowing that there is a problem with the syntax that he's trying and would welcome more 'heads-up' like this. plus, i'm quite sure we are all aware that oracle support isn't always the best at trying out alleged bugs, so i don't think it's too bad an idea to post a test case here. and, as an instructor and consultant, i certainly want to increase my knowledge of what things don't quite work, whether or not its a feature or syntax that i generally use

all in all, the OP's issue was not really all that different from your recent attempts to obfuscate number columns -- from which we all learned that 10g release 2 will have it built in

++ mcs Received on Thu Feb 24 2005 - 21:21:15 CST