Re: LIKE performance

From: lh <lh_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 09:43:15 +1000

> Depending on the version of Oracle, and the frequency of the specific
> query, you might consider a funcion based index.
>
> However, you leave us with far too little info to go beyond smarmy
> guesses.
>
> FGB
My smarmy apologies your Greybeardness.

Oracle 8i, the query is executed in a loop, the function is reading directories for files then checking the table to check that the file has been logged. The function is run regularly and with 10s of thousands of files it is taking way too long. This query is the bottleneck with a few seconds per query the current time. So I need a faster way to check for filenames in the table. Received on Thu Feb 24 2005 - 17:43:15 CST