Using Pro*C in a Windows DLL

From: Keith Bloom <akbloom_at_toad.net>
Date: 24 Feb 2005 10:13:10 -0800

I have a shared library written in Pro*C (no OCI) for Solaris. The client program first calls a function in the library to connect to the database, then calls additional functions to get the information it needs.

I've been able to get the library to compile with minor changes as a Windows DLL, and when the client program calls the connect function the DLL makes the connection. However, any function called after that returns an ORA-01012 "not connected" error. Auditing sessions in the database shows that the connection persists while the program continues to run. So the connection is there, but the DLL is unable to find it again.

Is there some way to get this to work on Windows?

I'm using the Microsoft Visual C++ .NET compiler on Windows XP, with the Oracle9i client software. The connection is to Oracle9i (9.2.0.1.0) 64-bit on HPUX 11.

Keith Received on Thu Feb 24 2005 - 12:13:10 CST