Re: Triggers and Window Service

From: LuAnn <bearpackexpress_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 24 Feb 2005 09:30:12 -0800

I apolgize if I offended anyone and I am grateful to the suggestions. I am (obviously) not familiar at all on what Oracle can assist with and unfortunately I do not have a strong DBA to ask. Anyway enough excuses. I have started to research all your suggestions. The service was the initial method of choice because it could handle not only the file creation but also disruption of the network and save these files locally till the next firing. Yes unfortunately network disruption is a very common happening here and we needed to program for it to guarentee delivery. The file creation was mandatory by the vendors. Their systems are on the WAN, but will not allow us to place anything on their hardware and only one vendor had an import service that is file driven. (so that is why no email) and FTP is locked down so tight that we cannot even ftp within the same LAN. I understand that the environment that I am creating in is not the norm, but it is all that is available to me.

Again THANKS for the direction and the help...LuAnn Received on Thu Feb 24 2005 - 11:30:12 CST