Re: Triggers and Window Service

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 23 Feb 2005 03:18:41 -0800

LuAnn wrote:
> Well, the information needed for the external vendors can be selected
> by SQL but the information is presented for the vendors in a variety
of
> ways (tagged flat file, XML and in a view) I am limited by the
vendor
> as to the method of presenting the information. The view is simple.
> It is the creating of the tagged files that have my concern. FTP or
> mail is not an option. Any other suggestions?
>
> Thanks
> LuAnn

What doesn't make sense is that you are already in the database... why go out to the OS ONLY to kick off another session to spool some data to a file... which you could easily do from within the database as mentioned by others. You are on version 9.x not 5.x and there are couple of solid options that you can use... PL/SQL with UTL_FILE OR PL/SQL with Java. (see dbms_xml% packages also).

Let the Database do what it does best and let the OS do what it does best.

Regards
/Rauf Received on Wed Feb 23 2005 - 05:18:41 CST