Oracle9iAS upgrade to 10g AS

From: OTESAO <otesao_at_otesao.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 11:20:30 -0500

Hello all

I'm currently beginning a project to upgrade our Oracle9iAS V1.0.2.2 to a later version of the application server.

At this time we run the forms and reports 6i with a 8.1.6 database.

Our goal is to upgrade to a later version, try to get some very needed Oracle support and create java based applications on a up to date jvm and current jre. Even maybe using JDeveloper to create some java apps.

I was wondering where should I begin in this investigation? Has anyone ever done this before?

I heard that we need to upgrade our forms and reports to a later version, which we have about 1000 forms and reports.

Also we have a project to upgrade our databases to 9i. How would that impact on the functionality of the forms and reports as well as the current version of the Oracle app server?

Thanks much, any feedback would be appreciated Peter Received on Tue Feb 22 2005 - 10:20:30 CST