Re: oracle forms 4.5 prob (eventually db link / synonym)

From: CarlosReis <carlo_reis_at_yahoo.com.br>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 08:28:49 -0500

Hi,
First, sorry if this message has mistakes. I´m Brazilian and English is not my native speaker.

Well, I´ve got the same problem and I was looking for a solution in google after search in metalink. I realized this problem occurs when I use table with databse link or even a synonym or view for that.

I,ve found that problem was solved only on Forms 9i and Oracle 9.x. Prior versions like 6i or 5.x (my case) has aborting always I´m trying to compile with others client/server combination.

Using a 8.0.4 server to deploy, I kept many pprograms works fine, but now, this problem has appeared with table_at_dblink declaration (synonym and view too).

As workaround, following this two steps I´ve got a migration from the older deploy version to the same as the production (9.2.0.5).

Here is that:
1- Change all synonyms (table_at_dblink) to view (here, forms stops aborting).

2- Put the trigger ON-CHECK-UNIQUE and write the apropriate code for check the primary key.

Ps.: In the primary-key itens, change the update-allowed property to NO.

I hope you can solve your problems in that way or post a better solution for us. Received on Mon Feb 21 2005 - 07:28:49 CST