Re: Stored Procedure

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 06:55:33 -0500

"rajii" <raji_v_at_nospam.mailcity.com> wrote in message news:e81a9e08c1cbb897edb7183a8a1231fc_at_localhost.talkaboutdatabases.com...
> Hi,
> I am going to take-up OCA exam of pl/sql this month. I have some doubts in
> couple of question h so I will send the question to below. I would really
> appreciate anyone can tell the answer which so similar.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Raji
>
> 1.You need to drop a table from within a stored procedure. How do you
> implement this?
>
> A. You cannot drop a table from a stored procedure.
> B. Use the drop command in the procedure to drop the table.
> C. Use the dbms_ddl packaged routines in the procedure to drop the
> table.
> D. Use the dbms_sql packaged routines in the procedure to drop the
> table.
> E. Use the dbms_drop packaged routines in the procedure to drop the
> table.
>
> ANSWER:
>
> 2. You have created a stored procedure DELETE_TEMP_TABLE that uses dynamic
> SQL to remove a table in your schema. You have granted the EXECUTE
> privilege to user A on this procedure. When user A executes the
> DELETE_TEMP_TABLE procedure, under whose privileges are the operations
> performed by default?
>
> A. SYS privileges
> B. Your privileges
> C. Public privileges
> D. User A's privileges
> E. User A cannot execute your procedure that has dynamic SQL.
> ANSWER: I am having doubt on whether B or D.
>
> 3. CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER secure_emp
> BEFORE LOGON ON employees
> BEGIN
> IF (TO_CHAR(SYSDATE, 'DY') IN ('SAT', 'SUN')) OR
> (TO_CHAR(SYSDATE, 'HH24:MI')
> NOT BETWEEN '08:00' AND '18:00')
> THEN RAISE_APPLICATION_ERROR (-20500, 'You may
> insert into the EMPLOYEES table only during
> business hours.');
> END IF;
> END;
> /
> 4.What type of trigger is it?
> A. DML trigger
> B. INSTEAD OF trigger
> C. Application trigger
> D. System event trigger
> E. This is an invalid trigger.
>
> ANSWER:
>
> 5.You create a DML trigger. For the timing information, which is valid
> with a DML trigger?
> A. DURING
> B. INSTEAD
> C. ON SHUTDOWN
> D. BEFORE
> E. ON STATEMENT EXECUTION
>
> ANSWER:
> 6.All users are currently have the insert privileges on the player
> table.you want only your users to insert into this table using the
> add_player procedure.which 2 actions must you take?(choose 2)
>
> A.Grant select on add_player to public.
> B.Grant execute on add_player to public.
> C.Grant insert on player to public.
> D.Grant execute,insert on add_player to public.
> E.Revoke insert on player from public.

> [...]

raji,

if you are going to ask others for answers, then you should put their names on your resume next to your OCA credentials ;-)

you should research and test out these questions yourself -- that way you will really learn the answers, and your OCA will mean something

++ mcs Received on Fri Feb 18 2005 - 05:55:33 CST