Re: LTRIM or TRIM Function

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 08:59:00 -0800

Paul Izzo wrote:

> I assure you this is not homework. I simply posted an example that is
> similiar to what I'm looking for in my database. I phrased my question
> in a way that everyone would understand. That way I get the best
> replies ;)
>
> Thanks Norman and "it's not me" for your help.

Speaking for myself ... I do not appreciate it when people play games, and that is how I interpret it, to "get the best replies." If you have a question ... post it along with the appropriate DDL and DML for us to work with.

This looks like homework, smells like homework, and if it isn't your use of TRIM in your example when anyone with 5 weeks of Oracle experience would have known better ... screams student.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington