Re: Alter any view?

From: <ford_desperado_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 16 Feb 2005 11:03:36 -0800

David, Dave, and Rauf,

thank you for your suggestions. David, I originally misunderstood you, sorry for that.

I needed to enable automatic recompilation of invlaid views during select, not recompiling all the invalid objects in a schema. I have some buggy module that invalidates objects from time to time. I enabled automatic recompilation of procedures, functions, and packages by granting alter procedure.

I have just found a solution for my problem. I enabled automatic recompilation of views by
1. granted create view
2. I recreated all the views by another user:
- connected as schema_user