What is the OracleCSService service?

From: <deanbrown3d_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 16 Feb 2005 07:53:27 -0800

Could someone tell me what the OracleCSService service does, and when its needed? I have a batch file that starts and stops a local database on my (windows) PC, and this service I set (once off) by hand to manual start/stop, and stopped the service. I stop the Oracle server with the following barch file:

net stop OracleDBConsoleDRB1
oradim -shutdown -sid DRB1 -usrpwd mypassword -shuttype srvc,inst -shutmode i

and start it again with

oradim -startup -sid DRB1 -usrpwd mypassword -starttype srvc,inst net start OracleDBConsoleDRB1

All seems to work fine. Just wondering what the OracleCSService does.

Thanks

Dean Received on Wed Feb 16 2005 - 09:53:27 CST