pro*c, cursors and indicator structs

From: John Nichol <j1nichol_at_btopenworld.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 21:25:40 -0000

I've hit a problem on pro*c at work and I'm not sure what's causing it - One problem is that I'm not a pro*c programmer !

we have an oracle cursor declared and 2 pro*c structs which take the contents of the cursor. the indicator struct has all variables listed as short.

I assume that when a value is passed to the short, the resulting value tells you about the status of the corresponding value held in the main struct - and that -1 will result from the corresponding indicator struc.

We are passing a definite value in to this variable - 8.5 to be exact, but the sql cursor also has an nvl(field, 0) as well, so it is impossible that a null is being passed. Unfortunately the variable in the indicator struct has passed back -1 every time.

Does anyone have any idea what is happening - is it just my lack of understanding of c - I've asked a few other (slightly ) more experienced colleagues, but they are all stumped.

If this isn't the right newsgroup, could someone point me to the right one?

Thanks

John Received on Tue Feb 15 2005 - 15:25:40 CST