Re: How can I start and stop Oracle server manually in windows?

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman_at_Dunbar-it.co.uk.REMOVETHIS>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 15:39:56 +0100

Rauf Sarwar wrote:

> 1) Set the services that you want to start manually to "Manual" from
> Control Panel --> Services --> Start Type.
> 2) Create a batch script and use command "net start" to start the
> service e.g.
> C:\> net start OracleServiceORCL
> C:\> net start SomeOtherService
> Opposite of net start is net stop.
>
> You can also use ORACLE_HOME\bin\oradim.exe to start or shutdown the
> database. Type oradim without any parameters to see usage.

You can also also use ORADIM to set the shutdown mode as well - A for abort, I for immediate or N for normal. Once set, the NET STOP command will use that shutdown mode when you want to shut things down.

I would also suggest starting the listener first (if you are using one) in order that 9i and 10g databases can register themselves with the listener on startup. You'll only need this if your tnsnames.ora file uses SERVICE_NAME instead of SID_NAME in the CONNECT_DATA.

Cheers,
Norm. Received on Tue Feb 15 2005 - 08:39:56 CST