Re: How can I start and stop Oracle server manually in windows?

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 15 Feb 2005 07:07:16 -0800

deanbrown3d_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> A few people in my office use laptops that do demos of stuff that
uses
> oracle. Right now they have oracle server start up and shut down with
> the operating system. If they want to stop the server manually, they
go
> to the window's Services and shut down the Oracle-related services
one
> by one.
>
> I would like to stop the server from loading automatically, and like
in
> Linux do something like dbstart or dbstop, so that it only launches
> when I want it to.
>
> Thanks for any tips. We are using 10g and 9 and 8, if that's
important.

> Dean B.

  1. Set the services that you want to start manually to "Manual" from Control Panel --> Services --> Start Type.
  2. Create a batch script and use command "net start" to start the service e.g. C:\> net start OracleServiceORCL C:\> net start SomeOtherService Opposite of net start is net stop.

You can also use ORACLE_HOME\bin\oradim.exe to start or shutdown the database. Type oradim without any parameters to see usage.

Regards
/Rauf Received on Tue Feb 15 2005 - 09:07:16 CST