Re: create an ORACLE job from an Unix script

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 14 Feb 2005 09:21:50 -0800

Jean-Baptiste wrote:
> How can I do this (simply)?
>
> Up to now, my solution is to create a Java application which open the

> database and start the job. The Java App is started by an Unix
script.
> There should be something simplier...
>
> Using Oracle 8 on AIX 5.1

"open the database..." I assume you mean "open the database connection..."

connect username/password
declare

   job_ integer;
begin

   sys.dbms_job.submit(job_, WHAT, NETX_DATE, INTERVAL); end;
/

You can paste the above in a sql script, sqlplus /nolog @script.sql
OR
Unix script,
sqlplus username/password <<EOF
<above code minus the connect string>
EOF Regards
/Rauf Received on Mon Feb 14 2005 - 11:21:50 CST