in statement not working

From: godiva <eatmorechocolate_at_gmail.com>
Date: 10 Feb 2005 07:47:43 -0800

Hi,
I am seeing an odd problem with part of a stored procedure I am building. Values are passed via and Access interface. All values are processed properly except for one little annoying thing for which our DBAs have no explanation. I pass a string from access that looks like this: ABCDEF_ASDFGH. Inside the stored proc, it is altered to: 'ABCDEF','ASDFGH' so that it can be used as the details of an in statement. If only one is passed (i.e. ABCDEF), the in statement works fine, but if it is more than one, it gets ignored. I have checked to make sure that the statement is properly built. Here is what it looks like, somewhat:
listfromaccess : ABCDEF_ASDFGH
listaltered: replace(listfromaccess, '_', chr(39)||chr(44)||chr(39))

where table.item in (listaltered)
We are on oracle 9i and currently use Toad 7.5 for most of development. Any suggestions on how to rectify this situation would be greatly appreciated. I have also tried building the statement so that the line becomes table.item = 'ABCDEF' or table.item = 'ASDFGH', but that also gets overlooked. It reports that the script is executed with 0 errors and 0 compile errors.
thanks,
godiva Received on Thu Feb 10 2005 - 09:47:43 CST