Re: being vendor neutral

From: Jan van Veldhuizen <jan_at_van-veldhuizen.nl>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 09:35:48 +0100

> What works best in Oracle will never work best in SQL Server and visa
> versa. Trying to be "vendor neutral" whatever that means basically means
> eating Thai food without spices, French food without cream sauces, and
> being known as mediocre or worse. Reconsider your design decisions.
> --

Unfortunately (for me) you're right. Why doesn't the S in SQL stand for 'standard'??
I think it's only to keep a lot of work for all those Oracle and SqlServer consultants. Life would be a lot easier if the query language was standardized.
And yes, if my current task is done ( make the app working with Oracle), I will resdign the whole DataAccess classes. Received on Thu Feb 10 2005 - 02:35:48 CST