Generate sql file from Oracle Designer

From: procman <a3765252_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 9 Feb 2005 22:46:17 -0800

I'm using Oracle Designer to design and maintenance the DB on PC. The "real" schema is on the Unix.
In order to add a new table or edit an exist table, i'm doing the following:
1. edit a table in the designer.
2. generate *.tab, *.con and *.sql files from the designer (on the PC).
3. Run an internal generator(on the Unix) to generate interface for my application, from the *.sql file.

My question is:
How can I generate *.sql file (with the *.tab/*.con files) from a table, and not direct from the designer. I mean, is there any interface or API to do that? is there any stand alone executable to generate sql file NOT from Oracle Designer? I need it to combine steps 2&3 above to single step (wrap them in one exe or script).

Thanks Received on Thu Feb 10 2005 - 00:46:17 CST