oracle forms 4.5 prob (eventually db link / synonym)

From: Andreas Zimmermann <newsgroup.reply_at_online.de>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 15:31:36 +0100

hello,

i have following problem:

server:                   oracle 9i on sun/solaris
client:                   win2k with oracle forms 2000 (4.5.10.22.0) &
reports application
development environment : TOAD 7.5.2.0 on win2k

additional information:

on server there are two db instances running (orc1 & orc2) for two customers which belong together in parts of their organization. both instances are partly associated with each other by (a working) database link via synonyms (e.g. both use the same customer table on orc1 but each has own specific orders table in their belonging instance).

situation:

we just migrated old oracle 8.1.7 db to 9i without severe problems neither on db nor on apllication side (some views / triggers / procedures to recompile, nothing great) ... after a few days of use by the customers, there came up an oracle / forms error which reduce me to despair over days (as you can guess by me posting here now ~lol~).

on ocr1 there is a table named 'status' which can be accessed from orr2 via a public synonym (including mentioned db link which definately works) ... table is quite simple, 4 colums, 1 PK nothing else worth mentioning. when we now try to insert a row via our usual form (as user of orc2 with apropriate rights to do so), there comes up following forms error:

FRM-40506: ORACLE error -- unable to check for record uniqueness.

after looking up some information about that (FRM-40506, Cause: Oracle Forms encountered a processing error while checking a record's primary key items for uniqueness. The table associated with the current block of the form does not exist, or you do not have authority to access the table.) i tried to insert exactly the same row data into that table as same db user from orc2 (using synonym / db link) data via TOAD - which worked perfectly. from ocr1 the same form also works without any problem within the application itself (as proved).

so what could be forms' problem here ?! and how to solve it ?! or is it possibly a migration prob from 8.1.7 to 9i ?!

any idea would be appreciated ... thx !

kind regards

Andreas Zimmermann Received on Wed Feb 09 2005 - 08:31:36 CST