Re: Oracle 8.x client silent deinstall?

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 7 Feb 2005 16:30:53 -0800

dmcheng1_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi. Has anyone tried a silent uninstall with response file for the
> 8.1.7.0 client and the OUI? I can't get either of them to work. I
look
> in the Inventory\logs directory and something is happening when I
run,
> but no errors are recorded and nothing is deinstalled.
>
> I'm running on Windows XP Pro SP1 on a P3 machine.
>
> thanks
> david

<major snip>

Another option... it may be much easier to setup a batch file to do the uninstall.
Basic steps involved are,
1) Query registry for HKLM\SOFTWARE\ORACLE_HOME and INST_LOC. 2) Using svc command line tools, stop any ORACLE% services and remove them.
3) Remove ORACLE_HOME and INST_LOC.
4) Remove HKLM\SOFTWARE\ORACLE registry key.

Regards
/Rauf Received on Mon Feb 07 2005 - 18:30:53 CST