Re: If EXISTS before insert clause

From: JPike <jpike_at_welcom.com>
Date: 7 Feb 2005 07:31:51 -0800

Is DROP the same situation? What do you mean by having it in an anonymous block?

Basically someone wrote this script file. THe purpose is to migrate a database from the 1.0 version of our product to the 2.0 version. The script gets run and updates the db. Some changes need to take place no matter what (like the ALTERs you are referring to), but some only get executed if they have parts of the product installed (those inside the IFs).

I am new to dealind with Oracle so if I am going about this the wrong way please let me know. I just need to be able to have a .sql script that someone can just type in a run.

jim Received on Mon Feb 07 2005 - 09:31:51 CST