Re: If EXISTS before insert clause

From: JPike <jpike_at_welcom.com>
Date: 7 Feb 2005 07:07:57 -0800

Thanks :) The first one works in a simple test but now I am trying it on the whole thing. Here is the first part of my file.

declare

    risk number;

        portfolio number;
begin

    select count(*) into risk from wst_prd where prd_uid = 502;     select count(*) into portfolio from wst_prd where prd_uid = 501;

    ALTER TABLE WPS_TABL ADD BASE_TABTYP VARCHAR2 (4) NULL;
.
.
.

It errors when it hits the ALTER. Is that an illegal thing to use? The error it gives me is that ORA-06550: line 19, column 2: PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "ALTER" when expecting one of the following:

and then lists a bunch of other keywords.

I am just trying to understand what is wrong with ALTER? Received on Mon Feb 07 2005 - 09:07:57 CST