Why sometime redo log switch very fast?

From: music4 <music4_at_163.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 16:25:24 +0800

Greetings,

Recently, we found a strange on our system. Our system uses Oracle 8.1.7. Each day, we can find a period that lasts about 10 minutes, during that period, from alartSID.log file, we can see redo log switches very fast. Normally, redo log switch each minute, but during that period, redo log switches each 20 seconds.

From our program's log file, we are sure our program doesn't perform special operations at time. So we guessed there might be somebody did manually operations, like update, detele, etc. at that time. But nobody admit they did manually operations.

So I just want to know is it possible that Oracle itself do something that cause redo log switch very fast?

Regards,
Evan Received on Sun Feb 06 2005 - 02:25:24 CST