How can I interrupt the blocking call when API call timeout?

From: Ricky <newyorknight_at_163.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 16:36:54 +0800

Hi,Guys

I wrote an application server(daemon process) to talk with oracle server continuous which used oracle9 OCCI lib, each 5 min it executes the procedure on the DB server.

Now I have come cross a problem:

If the network is blocked, app server will blocked at occi call and would never pass, and no exception was catched :-(

for e.g.
1. Oracle server reboot without shutdown oracle process 2. udp broadcast message storm blocked the connection between app server and oracle DB.

I consider maybe it's because OCCI using the blocking mode of connection that caused this problem.

How can I interrupt the blocking call when call timeout? Received on Sat Feb 05 2005 - 02:36:54 CST