Re: Import character set issue:

From: <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 4 Feb 2005 16:41:01 -0800

Just one thing to add to Rauf's reply: Do you have any non-ASCII characters (umlats or such) in your ASCII db? If not, nothing to worry about. If so, a _lot_ to worry about, I would recommend you unload and load rather than have imp be overly friendly to your data.

I did have a scare one time where some vendor had used character variables to store their own version of a sequence. Going from 7bit to 8bit changed all the sequence numbers.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=528&e=1&u=/ap/20050204/ap_on_hi_te/aol_spamming