Re: If EXISTS before insert clause

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 4 Feb 2005 14:28:42 -0800

JPike (jpike_at_welcom.com) wrote:
: I suppose that will work but it is a pretty big script file and adding
: that to every insert would be a pain. Also there are some table
: creations, alters, update and stuff falling under the contraints of the
: if, so wrapping the whole block in a big IF would be easiest if it's
: somehow possible.

As I said, use PL/SQL, __or__ SQL such as I showed. If plain SQL is not to your liking then use PL/SQL (as I said).

: Somehow though I am think easy and Oracle don't belong in the same
: sentence.

Depends what you mean by easy, doesn't it.

--

This space not for rent.