Copying tables with Long Raw column and conversion of those columns

From: <bill.brennum_at_grainger.com>
Date: 4 Feb 2005 14:10:36 -0800

Hi,

I am attemtping to copy a table from an Oralce 8.1.7 database to a 9.I database via a DBLINK. I don't have access to the source server to do an export. The table has its last column as a long raw(7000). I want to both copy the table and then to convert the long raw data to a column type from which I can extract the text only data.

I have tried some suggestions found on the Oracle groups, but with no luck.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Received on Fri Feb 04 2005 - 16:10:36 CST