Trigger insert on parent table question

From: Sean <SeanMartinFarrell_at_gmail.com>
Date: 4 Feb 2005 07:44:23 -0800

Hey all, I'm new to triggers and I don't know if what I want is possible.

I have a parent table, dbobjects say. And I have a persons table.

bdobjects.id is a primary key
persons.id is a primary key and references dbobjecs.id.

Descriptively what I want is:

Before insert on persons
Insert a row in the dbobjects table *sys_guid() is default for this column*
Iake the value of the new dbojects.id field and assign it to the persons.id field of the row about to be inserted Continue with persons insert

Can this be done? Oracle 10g BTW.

Thanks so much Received on Fri Feb 04 2005 - 09:44:23 CST