Re: aggregate and update

From: Jan van Veldhuizen <jan_at_van-veldhuizen.nl>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 09:27:42 +0100

> Can't you simply use NVL to convert null sums to zero?

No. There's no null sum....

I want only update the counters for the names currently in the test table. The contents of that table can be different tomorrow, with other names, and then the counters has to be updated (accumulated) again

In the mean time I have tested what happens with my statement. It looks like the aggregate query is executed only once. The optimizer is very smart I think.... Received on Fri Feb 04 2005 - 02:27:42 CST