Trends in Using Oracle 10g Object Extensions

From: Lee Chalupa via OracleMonster.com <forum_at_OracleMonster.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 13:55:32 GMT

I realize that most of the installed databases in organizations are relational databases versus some kind of object oriented persistence.

Being a Java Developer and working with objects, I'm interested in learning the object extensions in 10g such as object types, object tables, nested tables, varrays, etc.

I've read some of the database-guy blogs and most of them are not too excited about these object extensions and recommend avoiding them. After playing with some of the syntax for nested tables, I can see why.

I'd like to know if there are any apps out there that are using these extensions, what you have learned from the experience, and what you would recommend to a future application.

Thanks

Lee