Linux, Apache, PHP, Oracle: how to make PHP working

From: <sorry_at_cant.do>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 12:53:32 GMT

Hi,

I've got a problem with the installation of PHP, make ends with an error 1.

Linux CentOS 3.4 (RH), Apache 2.0.52, PHP 5.0.3, Oracle client 10.1.0.3 and an Oracle 8i database.

I've installed the Oracle client, and it works (set the environment variables). I've been able to install and run Apache.

I started with PHP by using './configure --prefix=/usr/local/php
--with-oci8=/usr/local/oracle/OraHome_1
--with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs --enable sigchild' This gives a few
remarks about 'yp_get_default_domain'. But I thought it ends normal.

But when using make I get several warnings and syntax errors. Mostly 'parameter names (without types) in function declaration' and 'data definition has no type or storage clause'. Make ends with '*** [ext/libxml/libxml.lo] Error 1'

Since it's my first hands-on experience with Linux and I've been searching for a few days now, I hope somebody can help me, I have no idea where to look next.

The goal is to set up a phpBB against our Oracleserver.

Thanks
Patrick Bervoets
PSC St-Alexius Elsene Received on Thu Feb 03 2005 - 06:53:32 CST