Re: 10g uninstallation

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 23:58:56 -0800

Alan wrote:

> How do I uninstall 10g from Windows 2000 Professional ?

Use oradim to drop the Windows service.
Use NETCA to drop the listener.
Drop the Oracle directory and all subdirectories Drop the Oracle directory under PROGRAM FILES and all subs Go into the registry and very VERY carefully remove any reference under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/ORACLE

Search the registry for the names of any Windows services listed in the Control Panel (not the LEGACY listings) and delete them.

If you screw up the registry please don't call me. There is a reason why I prefer Linux.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington