comp.databases.oracle.misc

From: Javireco <javireco_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2 Feb 2005 03:53:14 -0800

Hello,
I am developing a java program that uses Oracle 9i. I have developed the program using jdk1.4.2 I'm using JDBC3.0 with ojdbc14.jar.

Now I'm trying to use jdk1.5. No problem in compilation, but when running the program, it is too slow when connecting to oracle (this was ten times faster using jdk1.4.2).

OracleDataSource oDataSource;
oDataSource = new OracleDataSource();
Connection oCon=null;
oCon = oDataSource.getConnection(); <----------- This line is executed VERY SLOW

Does anyone knows the reason why it is slower using jdk1.5 instead of jdk1.4?
Does anyone know if there is a free oracle thin driver fully cmpliant with jdbc3.0?

Thanks in advance Received on Wed Feb 02 2005 - 05:53:14 CST