Re: import text files

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 31 Jan 2005 21:08:57 -0800

pradeep via OracleMonster.com (forum_at_OracleMonster.com) wrote:

: The version of oracle is 9i.We would like to import files(.txt) as and when they are created in Windows,they should be imported to the oracle database tables dynamically.Size of files can vary.The type of content is plain text seperated by spaces and also the text may include special characters.

Well a few techniques have been suggested, did you try any of them?

Personally I like perl and DBI, though the oracle drivers don't seem to come with perl for windows anymore, so it's not as instantly convenient as it used to be.

I suggest you try one of the suggested tools/techniques and then come back later when you have a more specific problem.

--

This space not for rent.