Re: Crystal Reports - Setting up a one-to-many relationship in a crystal report

From: PJ <pj.krueger_at_erols.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 16:23:57 -0500

Stu,

Move all of your customer info to the group header or format each field with the suppress if duplicate option checked.

PJ

"Stu" <stu_bennett1_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:23f18971.0501301142.2eea8814_at_posting.google.com... Hi there,

I am trying to set up a Crystal Report with the following tables:

Customer Info:
-Name
-Address
-CustomerID

Orders:
-CustomerID
-Order value ($)

I have N customers and each customer has M Orders. I need to display the Customer Info for each customer, followed by a graph for each customer's order values. I have defined a schema for the tables and connected them with Crystal Reports Database Expert.

In order to do this, I have set up a Group in Crystal Reports based on the Customer Name. In the footer of each group, I add a table that displays the order values of the customer's orders.

This works fine, except for the fact that in the details section of each group, the Customer info is repeated once for each Customer Order. Obviously, I just want the Customer Info displayed once.

Is there a way to define a relationship like this? When I use the Database Expert, I don't see any way to indicate that this is a one-to-many relationship.

I am using Crystal Reports 10.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Stu
stu_bennett1_at_hotmail.com Received on Sun Jan 30 2005 - 15:23:57 CST