Re: C# and Oracle 8i - returns from stored procedures

From: Bret <bret.colburn_at_lmco.com>
Date: 28 Jan 2005 07:09:05 -0800

  1. I am declaring the parameters in the same order. Here is the spec : PROCEDURE mpe_list (p_mtype IN VARCHAR2, p_mname IN VARCHAR2, p_rc OUT VARCHAR2, p_rowset OUT rcursor);
  2. I've changed the type to VarChar. It still works the same (but is a better choice).
  3. Tried just returning p_rc without the cursor and still couldn't figure out how to get the string.
  4. We have over 300 client machines at various customer sites and don't have approval to upgrade the Oracle clients, unfortunately. I suspect my job would be much easier if I could use ODP.