Re: Oracle Designer doesn't start

From: Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 20:30:06 +0100

Alexander Prohorenko wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I was going to try Oracle Designer as a CASE tool for modeling and
> designing a new database, so I started Repository Administration
> Utility and installed a Repository.
>
> The Repository Status shows now:
>
> Oracle Repository (TM): Release 4.0.12.94.24 - Production
>
> However, when I started Oracle Designer and connected, I've got the
> following:
>
> CDR-20043: Non-versioned repository has no workarea or insufficient
> privileges
>
> How could it be?
>
> I created a repository and trying to connect using the same user, with
> a DBA role. Do I have to add any more additional privilleges to a user
> and repeat the process?
>
> Thank you.

Well, what about creating a work area, then?

And yes - just granting the DBA *role* isn't enough; there's a very good installation manual, with references to the supplied scripts, that will set up users, and grant the needed rights. And that's rights, not roles.

I would never use the owner of the repository as user; I prefer to have a repository owner and a repository manager.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel