Re: How to start learning Oracle 8?

From: Fuzzy Greybeard <Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_Gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 14:31:29 GMT

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 03:01:55 -0800, motalebi wrote:

> hi all
> please tell me how can i start learning oracle?
> is it any web site to learning it ?
> thanks.

Are you also into learning how to drive a horse-driven carriage?

Since you are learning, please consider that Oracle8 is effectively obsolete, having been replaced by Oracle8i, Oracle9i, Oracle9i Release2 and Oracle Database 10g.

Since it is obsolete, I am not aware of any remaining web sites providing that training. Nor will you be able to legally get download the software on which to learn.

However, you can look at Oracle's "Oracle by Example" section of http://otn.oracle.com to get more current web-based training. (See the menu links for access to OBE) Better yet is the fact that the software can be obtained free from OTN as well - no time bombs or crippling.

lol/FGB Received on Wed Jan 26 2005 - 08:31:29 CST