Re: ORA-01461 error with conversion from SqlSrv to oracle

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 24 Jan 2005 16:07:22 -0800

Jan van Veldhuizen wrote:
> I worte a conversion program which moves all data from SqlSrv to
Oracle,
> using the OracleClient and SqlClient classes of .Net.
>
> Now when a column has 2001 characters or more I get this error. I've
read a
> lot of it, but I do not fully understand what is wrong, and more
important,
> how it can be solved.
>
> I know a lot about SqlServer, but very little about Oracle.

<snip>

Knowing very little about Oracle is your problem. You are trying to work with Oracle without making an effort to get to know it first. Please read thru Oracle concepts manual and visit http://tahiti.oracle.com

BTW... Oracle table column of type VARCHAR2 length can be upto 4000 bytes. Anything longer then that... you can use LOB columns. Regards
/Rauf Received on Mon Jan 24 2005 - 18:07:22 CST