Re: dbms_output.put_line(5) doesnt generate 5

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 21 Jan 2005 14:20:35 -0800

Grace Tsai (gtsai_at_bnl.gov) wrote:
: Hi,

: I expect to execute dbms_output.put_line(5) to print out a letter 5, but
: it didnt. Here is what I entered:

: sqlplus scott/tiger
: sql> begin
: dbms_output.put_line(5);
: end;
: /
: I got "PL/SQL procedure sueccessfully completed."

Assuming this is run from sqlplus, "enable output" has to be turned on, that's aproximately the name of a function in the dbms_output package, look it up to confirm the name.

Use spool if you want to get the output into a file, (just like any other output in sqlplus).

--

This space not for rent.