Re: Newbie - Application Server 10g and HTTPS

From: Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 13:12:22 +0100

Iain Downie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a very basic Java and Web Cache installation of 10g App Server. It is
> running fine on normal http (i.e. http://myserver.org) and everything maps
> to the default port of 80.
>
> I need to get some 'https' up and running for secure password changing
> amongst other things. I have tried following the Oracle documentation. I
> have worked out with help that the dafault port for https in Oracle is 4445,
> which I have changed to Apaches default 443. But, then I try to view
> https://myserver.org, I get a error page, when I think I should be
> defaulting to the main Oracle App server page.
>
> Anyone have any suggestions or help that would get this working?
> Thanks
> Iain
>
> For info I have modified ssl.conf and done all the other stuff I should do
> to get HTTPS working and change the port numbers.

AFAIK httpd.conf is used (not ssl.conf, unless included), so you altered the wrong file...
Does https:4445//localhost (still) work? Oh, and kill WebCache, at least for the time being - it's notorious in test setups (it *will* cache an error page, for one, putting you off in the wrong direction...)

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel