how can a PL/SQL identify itself?

From: bidon70 <bidon70_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 20 Jan 2005 06:35:17 -0800

Hello everybody,

I have browsed through the posts but I could not find any problem similar to mine, so I would like to ask you this question: is there a way to uniquely identify a running PL/SQL program (via the V$ views, sys_context, etc.)?
I would like to get a unique identifier for a particular instance of a program running and the identifier should be retrieved by the PL/SQL itself.
I have tried with v$SESSION and V$PROCESS but it seems they do not contain this kind of info.

thanks in advance! Received on Thu Jan 20 2005 - 08:35:17 CST