Re: 10g hardware

From: Alexander Prohorenko <alexander.prohorenko_at_gmail.com>
Date: 19 Jan 2005 09:10:19 -0800

Alan,

I tried it once on an old Intel Celeron 333 with 256M RAM. The installation was pretty slow, but the database started fine and more then that, it showed me pretty appropriate results for queries' time. It was running Solaris i86pc. It was almost the same quick on this hardware running FreeBSD 5.1R (Oracle Linux version in Linux emulation mode). However, I would not advise you to try it on Windows on such poor hardware. Received on Wed Jan 19 2005 - 11:10:19 CST