Re: Oracle Installation in Text mode -- I.e. No GUI

From: Frank Piron <empty_at_zero.nil>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 11:25:40 +0100

Am Tue, 18 Jan 2005 18:01:41 +0100 schrieb Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>:
> Thanks - was not aware of that.
> What would the display variable be, then? You know,
> xhost+; display=[ip-address/port]. You own (vncviewer)
> ip, or the one vncserver uses?
> vnc sure changed the web site...

Since vnc manages it's own X-server you may set your display number as a startup option to the command "vncserver". If you don't supply one, vncserver fetches the next free (if already other instances of vncserver) are running) and outputs it when the command completes.

Now if you connect to vnc with vncviewer you have to supply a connect string with format ( <host> | <ip> ):<DisplayNo>. If you connect via Web Browser, the displayno is part of the URL. Look at http://www.realvnc.com/documentation.html for more information.

Regards,

--
Frank Piron,
defrankatkonaddot