PL/SQL Problem

From: <pasindud_at_gmail.com>
Date: 18 Jan 2005 20:01:45 -0800

Hi,

I have a record type and I also have a string variable and a interger value.
ex:
rec MY_TAB%ROWTYPE;
column_name VARCHAR2(30);
column_index INTEGER;

Is there a way to access get a value from the rec given when i have a value for column_name or column_index.

Yes I know i can get the value like rec.my_field. But is there a way to get this when the fild_name is given dynamically through another variable like column_name or when the column_id is given through column_index.

PS:I'm Using Oracle9i Received on Tue Jan 18 2005 - 22:01:45 CST