Re: Forms and reports

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 10:00:06 -0500

"Frank van Bortel" <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net> wrote in message news:csiuap$3t0$3_at_news5.zwoll1.ov.home.nl...

> Mark C. Stock wrote:

>> "Frank van Bortel" <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net> wrote in message

>>>Developer Suite (iDS); current version (9i) requires
>>>use of the Application Server to deploy forms and
>>>reports; V6i still has the Client/Server model, too.
>>>
>>>--
>>>Regards,
>>>Frank van Bortel
>>

>> slight update: current version is 10g (9.0.4), which includes a miniture
>> web-server deployment environment (Forms and Reports Services running
>> under an OC4J instance) for the developer workstation -- 9i included it
>> as well, but 10g is a bit easier to manage (though requires a bit of
>> research to initially configure)
>>
>> ++ mcs
>>

> Sorry - you are right.
> I never can remember whether 9i was version 9.0.2 or 9.0.3 :)
> --
> Regards,
> Frank van Bortel

just when we thought version numbers and product names were in sync...

since i'm in the middle of developing a 6i client/server to 10g migration class, it's fresh in mind, otherwise, i'm not sure i'd get it right off the cuff

a little clarification on my comment -- the only thing mini about the deployment environment is that it is specifically Forms Services and Reports Services, not a regular Application Server installation (like the one that comes with HTMLDB). All the functionality of Forms and Reports Services appear to function just as if it were running under the normal App Server Forms and Reports Servers installation (the one without OID, etc.)

++mcs Received on Tue Jan 18 2005 - 09:00:06 CST