Creating a database on a single machine with no networking

From: John F. Regus <jfregus_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 02:33:09 GMT

I have the 10_g database and enterprise manager software.

I have tried to install this software to run on a single WinXP machine, but I am constantly asked for network information, LDAP, or something else.

I want to install Oracle, and I don't want to install any networking components.

If necessary, I will de-install the components I have already installed, and start over but I want to know just how to setup a simple database and start loading data into it.

Any place you can point me to obtain information on how to do this, or if you can give me a 1, 2, 3, step process to follow, I would be appreciative.

TIA
JR Received on Fri Jan 14 2005 - 20:33:09 CST