Re: logged into SQL*Plus now what

From: dak <kpec090981_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 15:16:48 GMT

I just ran:
 select table_name from dba_tables (found that one on the forum);

I see things that look like tables and fields such as the one below - but I don't see table names. I even ran the LIST command to see my buffer....I'm moving right along.
I'm guessing, those (costs, sales etc) are 6 fields in a table. TABLE_NAME

PROMOTIONS
CHANNELS
PRODUCTS
TIMES
COSTS
SALES Wing'ing it will have to do (for now). Many tourist wing it and take a dictionary along with them on vacation in another country and do the best they can with what they know.
Sorry, haven't taken a course, read a book yet, nor am I a dba or programmer but isn't this a board that helps newbies begin as well as the experts that already know it ?
Some on the boards do help while others provide only critism and RTFM.....nobody needs that kind of help. Thank you,