BLOB/BFILE Performance

From: SiY <siwhy60_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 10 Jan 2005 02:30:56 -0800

Hi,

We have an application that requires the storage of approx 1/4 million images. They consist of thumbnails (~2k) and larger images (~100k).

We're planning on storing the thumbnails in the database (BLOB) and the larger images outside (BFILES).

They will be accessed by Java code using JDBC.

I just wondered if there were any performance statistics around for using BLOBS/BFILES on that number of images?

Cheers
Si Received on Mon Jan 10 2005 - 04:30:56 CST