Re: Instance + Hostname

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 7 Jan 2005 06:30:46 -0800

Rauf, Thank you for pointing out my oversight. I negelected to consider the =1 restriction on the query against v$session. Since Oracle takes the first N sid's that will work. But the advantage of using the Oracle provided package is that no grant on v$ views is required where unpriviged sessions need this information. And as you mention the package also provides the host IP address.